Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Making Your Home a Haven Fall Challenge!




One of my favorite bloggers, Courtney from Women Living Well, is hosting a fall challenge called the Making Your Home a Haven Challenge! What a perfect challenge for the fall right?

I love the fall season! The weather is beautiful and usually a welcome relief from a scorching summer, and I always feel the need to kind of cozy up my home before winter comes!

I am especially feeling the need to get things in order this year since we are expecting our first baby this winter and I want to have everything ready when he gets here!

Today, Courtney blogs about what it really means to make your home a haven. Does it mean having a beautifully decorated home with lots of crafty decorations or does it mean something more?
Click here to read the entire post.

As women, we have a tremendous opportunity to influence the atmosphere in our homes. Not just the way it looks, but the way it feels.

I want my home to be a place of peace for my husband and I. A sanctuary from the pressures of our jobs and everyday life. I want to create a space where all who enter feel welcomed with the warmth and love of Christ.

I feel that in order to create a peaceful atmosphere in our home we must first look inward at our own attitude. Life is stressful and every day brings new pressures, responsibilities and worries.  We need to create a strong defense to help us battle these things every day.

For me, this begins with prayer. I know that I cannot fight these stressors all by myself. Well, I could, but I definitely wouldn't win! I need God every day to help me through.

The first part of Courtney's challenge was to buy a candle and light it everyday and say a prayer for peace in your home every time the flame catches your eye. Since I work during the day, I'll be lighting my candle which I put on my dining room table, at dinnertime.

If you've never visited Courtney's blog, Women Living Well, I highly recommend it! I always come away encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. i can't see any of the pictures on your blog :(


    PS : i'm having a KERASTASE giveaway on my blog, there are not many entries,so chances on winning are big!

    xox Liyana
    http://LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete